Wednesday, April 27, 2011
The made up story published today in The Daily Mail/National Enquirer that Bristol was "banned Sarah from her house" was shot down in flames instantly by a commentator who advised that Sarah had done her Greta/Fox interview from a local park in Maricopa.
The Daily Mail, quoting The National Enquirer-two really really reliable sources headline this absolute load of trash story;
Here is the original article which explains why Arizona is the perfect base for Sarah's 2012 run with electoral College map. If anything,subsequent events have confirmed the main poin tof the article and points even further to Sarah making a 2012 run from that base.
Speculation abounds as to why Bristol Palin has bought a 5 bedroom house in Maricopa Arizona. Whether or not Bristol moves to Arizona to go to ASU is a sidelight to the overarching reason i.e. Arizona is the perfect base for Sarah Palin to conduct her 2012 presidential campaign from.
It is hardly a coincidence that one of her key staffers, her lawyer Thomas Van Flein, is moving to Washington to work for newly elected Arizona Congressman Paul Gosar, whom Palin endorsed. Also, that Todd Palin had a long look-see at the area with the Deputy Mayor of Maricopa before Bristol bought the house (whose 5 bedrooms would seem excessive for Bristol and her baby).
Sarah Palin clearly found that McCain’s 2008 base was ideal as a hub and the electoral map for 2012 clearly dictates the same reasoning would apply. Obviously, given the enormous distances involved, Alaska would be to challenging, time-wise at least, to run a campaign from.
Then why Arizona?
An examination of the electoral map (below) route to victory for Palin makes everything clear. If on election night Florida goes for Obama, then Republican supporters might as well turn off the television, as there is no combination of states, subsequent to the loss of Florida, which can give the Republicans the 270 electoral votes needed for victory.
This implies that Palin's VP choice should be a Catholic with experience cred's such as Rudy Giuliani, or an Hispanic Catholic from Florida i.e. Marco Rubio. Both would appeal to the Hispanic voting block in Florida (Rubio being the obvious choice based purely on pragmatism) and in the vital southwest states.
Assuming Florida goes for the G.O.P. then North Carolina and Indiana should come back into the fold. Virginia is crucial as 270 EV's can't be reached without it unless the Hispanic vote in Nevada or New Mexico can be won over to some degree. Given this scenario the absolute key states start to unfold.
Ohio, Iowa, are battleground states each with their own peculiarities. Arizona, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico and Nevada are states where the Hispanic/Catholic vote will be crucial. Having a base in Arizona would allow Palin substantial time to make as many visits to these states as would be necessary.
Palin has many allies who can take up the cudgels on her behalf too, which is a legacy of her brilliant endorsement program, such as McCain, Gospar, Brewer, new Governor Terry Branstad in Iowa and of course Governor Perry in Texas.
It is obvious that next to zero time and resources should be spent in the Eastern or Western states or in the safe states of the South and Mid-West. This is an excellent situation as it allows for the maximum spend in time, advertizing and supporters energy where it matters most.
Once again Palin confounds her critics who are dumbfounded as to why Bristol has purchased a house in Arizona. Let them continue to write her off as having no electoral skills, they will be utterly undone in November 2012..
"Back off mom! Newly-liberal Bristol Palin 'bans controlling mother Sarah from her home' - because she's too Republican.
The "story" includes such trash as:
"If Sarah doesn't accept her, she isn't welcome in her home."
"The insider said: 'Bristol flat out told her that she needs to back off. She knows the only way that Sarah will stop being to controlling is to ban her from her home - because it would kill her not to get to see Tripp."
And numerous other knee-slappers-made up "quotes" hearsay and downright lies.
Here is what someone who actually lives in Maricopa (Bristols home town) has to say:
"This is totally not true. I live in the town of Maricopa where Bristol now lives. Just last night, one of my friends saw Sarah on the television and recognized the park where she was giving the interview. it was here in Maricopa. Her and her kids went to the park and watched her finish the interview and then met her. They took pictures with her as well. Sarah is staying with Bristol right now. If this was story was true then why would Sarah be here in Maricopa. This is a very small town and we do not have any hotels out here at all. The next closest town is 17 miles away. I wish you would get all of your facts straight before you print things that are not true"
Palin was not included amongst the 'birther's" but simply asked that,in the interest of "moving on to a normal review of important issues" that the certificate be released so as to put an end to the matter. In this she applauded Trump's,now successful efforts.
Joan Walsh at Salon,with an apparent sigh,called it "giving in to bullies" but if that is how she and the left see it then again, what confidence can there being a president who can't hold his ground against two basically powerless people ,especially compared to the North Korean and middle-east dictators who will,surely, be heartened, by this weakness.
H/T Ron Devito at USforPalin
As is well known a storm of protest against this execrable site and its equally obnoxious personnel found a massive campaign spontaneously built up to contact Wonkette's advertisers with the simple question-do you wish to advertise on a site that attacks disabled children?
The end result was, that company after company pulled their adverts. However it appears that the publishing company Harper Collins has a book advertised on the Wonkette site, which advert also refers prospective purchasers to either the Amazon or Barnes&Noble on-line sites.
It would be nothing short of amazing if long established firms, such as these three, which have a reputation for ethics, would wish to be associated with such a site as Wonkette. No doubt they might perceive they have a prospective customer base amongst the immature and juvenile minded who inhabit that site, but surely their reputation is worth more than the disgrace that might cling to them by this poor association.
It would not be a surprise if the three firms were the recipients of demands to cease their sponsorship from outraged parents of handicapped children and decent people everywhere.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Since Palin’s nomination as the GOP’s vice-presidential candidate in 2008 she has been the subject of the most unrelenting, unprecedented, attacks by the left-across the whole spectrum “progressives”, mainstream, Democratic Party operatives, the media and the entertainment industry.
Some of the attacks have been on her policy and social attitudes, which is the normal cut and thrust of the political scene but they have been well in the minority. The overwhelming number of attacks on Palin has been of a personal nature-her appearance, her family, and her own children. A substantial number of these “alinsky” leftist attacks have been distortions, half truths, outright lies and, with the “Trig Truther” brigade, bordering on insanity.
There is no question that the massive weight of this unrelenting campaign has had some effect, how could it not, and Palin has seen a drop in her poll support. Part of this drop has been because she has not made a commitment to running for president in 2012 so there has been a natural dispersing of potential support towards those who have made more of a commitment, or who are the media’s latest bright shiny object e.g. Bachman and Trump.
However, it is a sensible presumption to conclude that the personal attacks, especially the gross distortion by the media of Palin’s statement on the Gifford’s tragedy, would have had some degree of effect on her poll numbers. Perhaps heartened by that, the left tried to go in for the kill.
This was undertaken by a media campaign which had as its theme that “Palin is now so insignificant that we will have an embargo any news item about her”. Then, with what seemed to be the coup de grace on what they thought was a politically mortally wounded person, the execrable blog ‘Wonkette” ran their now infamous attack on Palin’s son Trig on his birthday.
This attack on a defenceless, handicapped child, brought a firestorm of protest which even included some voices on the left it was so vicious. Apart from Wonkette losing 43 advertisers, as an enraged public launched an email blitz which told companies that if they continued to support Wonkette they would lose patronage, a most unexpected consequence-to Wonkette, and the left, took place.
With Palin maintaining, in the face of a most scurrilous attacks on her and her children, a dignified silence, (except to give a brief note of thanks to all those who so valiantly took up the cudgels for her and Trig and common decency) the wider public could see the true heart and methods of the left exposed.
The face of leftism, with the mask having slipped, was so revolting that a wave of sympathy for Palin started to build. All those leftists who, when Palin defended herself valiantly against the media assault, said she was “playing the victim” were shown to be partially right-Palin was a victim and the public could now see that for the fact it is.
Palin lifting in these recent polls:
1.In the latest Newsmax/Insider Advantage poll of Republicans they advise “Donald Trump holds a slim lead over other potential candidates in the race for the Republican presidential nomination,”
In the survey of Republican and Republican-leaning respondents completed on Monday night, 14.3 percent said they would vote for the billionaire real estate mogul if their state’s primary or caucus were held today.
(Read more on Newsmax.com: Newsmax/InsiderAdvantage Poll: Trump Gains Slim Lead in 2012 GOP Race )
2. In what even the leftist Washington Post admits is a “bump” upwards for Palin the CBS Poll/Times poll has shown an “unexpected’ lift in nationwide support for Palin from a ridiculous 19% to now 26 % which, with a drop in her unfavorables in this poll, marks a nine point shift in her favor. If even this most silly of polls-which alone amongst pollsters reporting on Palin has an “undecided” response of 16% (down from the silly 19% in the previous poll, and a ludicrous 2% listed as “not heard enough”) can show this sort of bump, then something is happening.
In what might turn out to be the greatest piece of irony, the confirmation of the rule of “unintended consequences” what was intended to be the final nail in the Palin coffin could well turn out to be the final nail in the leftist attack plan coffin. All of a sudden there has been a noticeable lift in Palin‘s polling which, if it continues could lead, inexorably to the January 2013 scenario. Hubris, schadenfreude, irony, would be insufficient to describe the result of that denouement, perhaps President Palin could come up with a new, suitable word.
Monday, April 25, 2011
The current vice-president Joe Biden would have no apparent legitimate hold on office as he would not have been elected in 2008 if his running made had no right to seek the Electoral College majority. Further he would have, surely, no moral right to the office.
The 20th amendment ot the Constitution gives a clear legitimacy to, where a presidential and vice-presidential canddiate, having failed to be qualified, disbarring them from those offices. Congress can clearly, at that point, choose the legitimate office holders.That choice would surely have to be the two persons who received the highest number of legitimately received electoral and popular votes-John McCain and Sarah Palin who would be sworn in immediately upon selection by Congress under the Constitution.
The 20th amendment to the Constitution, Section3.:
3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.
In the 17th century, a time of terrible persecution for the Jews of Europe, surpassed on by the Nazi period for persecution and murder, the poor, isolated in ghetto's Jewish communities turned to mysticism, the Cabala and folk legends for comfort and solace.
One of the most powerful of these legends was of the Golem. This was an enormous creature in the shape of a man, fashioned out of clay, and brought to life by wonder-working Rabbi's, particularly Rabbi Yehuda Loew "the Maharal" in Prague. Such was the skill of the Maharal of Prague that with the aid of an amulet placed on the Golem it could be made invisible when going on particularly risky missions.
The Golem was particularly useful in The Maharal's battles against the "Blood Libel" accusation against the Jews-that they used the blood of Christian children in the making of ceremonial matzoh bread which accusation was the cause of numerous pogroms and mass killing of Jews.
Centuries of persecutions and mass murder against the Jewish Peoples is not so easily cleared from the folk memory-even in these modern enlightened times. It is only just over 60 years since the closure of the concentration camps and it is understandable if the Jewish Peoples (as with the Armenian Peoples who still bear their scars from the massacres of the early 20th century) still are scarred 'even down to the current generation" who have no personal knowledge of any lifestyle apart from the, in the main, comfort and ease of America.
I wrote previously in trying to understand why there appears to be such a deep, illogical antipathy to Sarah Palin by many on the left and why it appears that the Jewish commentors see a disproportional element in this cascade of calumny against her
I viewed this deep antagonism as stemming from a cultural/historical background. The oppression and in some cases genocide which was very much a part of the Jewish immigrants world, especially for those from Eastern Europe, certainly is not an aspect of the day-to-day experience of modern American Jewry but for many the "tales learned at grandparents knees' affects their political outlook.
If not a family history of oppression then in many cases there will be one of the classic immigrants story of struggle and hard times and especially the great depression of the 1930's where the strong bond with the Democratic party was formed.
What has happened is that Palin has become the vehicle by which Jewish folk memories are expunged from the subconscious in a "primal scream'"(an apt description of the totality of unhinged media attacks on her in many cases.) She has become the stream of conciousness target of the "Golem" for the Jewish liberal media elite to, in an act of mass self psychoanalysis, bring to the surface the subconscious repressed hate elements against a Christian society,of which Palin is an exemplar, which, in reality bears them no ill will.
If, by this act of mass annihilation of neuroses the media can understand what has transpired, they hopefully can gain by it and move forward, as new men and women, to a more reasoned world view and address their political antipathy to Palin on a basis of policy rather tha attacking the "hidden Goy of dread" which she represents to them deep down.
I am obliged to the columnist Garry P. Jackson who published this analysis of the liberal media collusion the "journalist conspiracy" to elevate Obama in 2008 and destroy Palin. If anyone considers it far-fetched that there is a Jewish group of media personalities who worked towards that end a cursory glance at the names on the list below will quickly show the reality of the situation. The list only includes journalists-it could be expanded, for the use of this article, to include Hollywood producers, television writers/producers, actors, comedians
It is to be hoped that these media people, who have been exposed as carriers of a bias which even they do not understand the roots of, will now undertake a course of deep introspection and hopefully move forward. Even at the very least for their own credibility, which has been sorely tried because of the Arizona tragedy reporting fiasco on their part-such was their haste to destroy the "Palin" of their neuroses.
That the liberal Jewish mindset can be overcome, and that there are those who were never inflicted with it in the first place, is proven by the growing number of Republican voters amongst the Jewish community and Palin supporting blogs by Jewish intellectuals which proves there is much hope for their liberal brethren.
Garry P. Jackson's media analysis
"With the democrat’s blood libel against Sarah Palin, it’s a good time to remind people who their media partners are. Last year the JournoList scandal broke, as e-mails revealed their was a conspiracy among some of the nation’s top “journalists” and members of academia to shape the news to fit the left-wing narrative, as well as a concerted effort to harm Sarah Palin, and protect Barack Obama. To hide his radical past, and shady associates, from the American people.
Here are the 151 known members of the JournoList conspiracy. See how many you recognize as contributors to the blood libel of Sarah Palin, and the attacks on all Conservatives, for the actions of a left-wing mad man.
1. Spencer Ackerman – Wired, FireDogLake, Washington Independent, Talking Points Memo, The American Prospect 2. Thomas Adcock – New York Law Journal 3. Ben Adler – Newsweek, POLITICO 4. Mike Allen – POLITICO 5. Eric Alterman – The Nation, Media Matters for America 6. Marc Ambinder – The Atlantic 7. Greg Anrig – The Century Foundation 8. Ryan Avent – Economist 9. Dean Baker – The American Prospect 10. Nick Baumann – Mother Jones 11. Josh Bearman – LA Weekly 12. Steven Benen – The Carpetbagger Report 13. Ari Berman – The Nation
14. Jared Bernstein – Economic Policy Institute 15. Michael Berube – Crooked Timer, Pennsylvania State University 16. Brian Beutler – The Media Consortium 17. Lindsay Beyerstein – Freelance journalist 18. Joel Bleifuss – In These Times 19. John Blevins – South Texas College of Law 20. Sam Boyd – The American Prospect 21. Ben Brandzel – MoveOn.org, John Edwards Campaign 22. Shannon Brownlee – Author, New America Foundation 23. Will Bunch – Philadelphia Daily News 24. Rich Byrne – Playwright 25. Jonathan Chait – The New Republic
26. Lakshmi Chaudry - In These Times 27. Isaac Chotiner – The New Republic 28. Ta-Nehisi Coates – The Atlantic 29. Michael Cohen – New America Foundation 30. Jonathan Cohn – The New Republic 31. Joe Conason – The New York Observer 32. Lark Corbeil – Public News Service
33. David Corn – Mother Jones 34. Daniel Davies – The Guardian 35. David Dayen – FireDogLake 36. Brad DeLong – The Economists’ Voice, University of California at Berkeley
37. Ryan Donmoyer – Bloomberg News 38. Adam Doster - In These Times39. Kevin Drum – Washington Monthly 40. Matt Duss – Center for American Progress 41. Gerald Dworkin – UC Davis 42. Eve Fairbanks – The New Republic 43. Henry Farrell - George Washington University
44. Tim Fernholz – American Prospect 45. Dan Froomkin – Huffington Post, Washington Post
46. Jason Furman – Brookings Institution 47. James Galbraith – University of Texas at Austin
48. Kathleen Geier – Talking Points Memo 49. Todd Gitlin – Columbia University 50. Ilan Goldenberg – National Security Network 51. Arthur Goldhammer – Harvard University
52. Dana Goldstein – The Daily Beast 53. Andrew Golis – Talking Points Memo 54. Jaana Goodrich – Blogger 55. Merrill Goozner – Chicago Tribune 56. David Greenberg – Slate
57. Robert Greenwald – Brave New Films 58. Chris Hayes – The Nation 59. Don Hazen – Alternet
60. Jeet Heer – Canadian Journolist 61. Jeff Hauser – Political Action Committee, Dennis Shulman Campaign 62. Michael Hirsh – Newsweek 63. James Johnson – University of Rochester
64. John Judis – The New Republic, The American Prospect 65. Foster Kamer – The Village Voice
66. Michael Kazin – Georgetown University 67. Ed Kilgore - Democratic Strategist 68. Richard Kim – The Nation 69. Charlie Kireker – Air America Media 70. Mark Kleiman – UCLA The Reality Based Community 71. Ezra Klein – Washington Post, Newsweek, The American Prospect
72. Joe Klein – TIME 73. Robert Kuttner – American Prospect, Economic Policy Institute 74. Paul Krugman – The New York Times, Princeton University 75. Lisa Lerer - POLITICO 76. Daniel Levy – Century Foundation 77. Ralph Luker – Cliopatria 78. Annie Lowrey – Washington Independent 79. Robert Mackey - New York Times 80. Mike Madden – Salon 81. Maggie Mahar – The Century Foundation 82. Dylan Matthews – Harvard University 83. Alec McGillis – Washington Post 84. Scott McLemee - Inside Higher Ed 85. Sara Mead – New America Foundation 86. Ari Melber – The Nation 87. David Meyer – University of California at Irvine 88. Seth Michaels - MyDD.com 89. Luke Mitchell – Harper’s Magazine 90. Gautham Nagesh – The Hill, Daily Caller 91. Suzanne Nossel – Human Rights Watch 92. Michael O’Hare – University of California at Berkeley
93. Josh Orton – MyDD.com, Air America Media 94. Rodger Payne – University of Louisville 95. Rick Perlstein – Author, Campaign for America’s Future 96. Nico Pitney – Huffington Post 97. Harold Pollack – University of Chicago 98. Katha Pollitt – The Nation 99. Ari Rabin-Havt – Media Matters 100. Joy-Ann Reid – South Florida Times 101. David Roberts – Grist 102. Lamar Robertson – Partnership for Public Service 103. Sara Robinson – Campaign For America’s Future 104. Alyssa Rosenberg – Washingtonian, The Atlantic, Government Executive 105. Alex Rossmiller - National Security Network 106. Michael Roston – Newsbroke 107. Laura Rozen - POLITICO, Mother Jones 108. Felix Salmon – Reuters 109. Greg Sargent – Washington Post 110. Thomas Schaller – Baltimore Sun 111. Noam Scheiber – The New Republic 112. Michael Scherer – TIME113. Mark Schmitt – American Prospect, The New America Foundation 114. Rinku Sen – ColorLines Magazine 115. Julie Bergman Sender – Balcony Films
116. Adam Serwer – American Prospect 117. Walter Shapiro – PoliticsDaily.com 118. Kate Sheppard – Mother Jones 119. Matthew Shugart – UC San Diego 120. Nate Silver – FiveThirtyEight.com 121. Jesse Singal - The Boston Globe, Washington Monthly 122. Ann-Marie Slaughter - Princeton University 123. Ben Smith – POLITICO 124. Sarah Spitz – KCRW
125. Adele Stan – The Media Consortium 126. Paul Starr – The Atlantic 127. Kate Steadman – Kaiser Health News 128. Jonathan Stein – Mother Jones 129. Sam Stein – Huffington Post
130. Matt Steinglass – Deutsche Presse-Agentur 131. James Surowiecki – The New Yorker 132. Jesse Taylor – Pandagon.net 133. Steven Teles – Yale University 134. Mark Thoma - The Economists’ View 135. Michael Tomasky – The Guardian 136. Jeffrey Toobin – CNN, The New Yorker 137. Rebecca Traister - Salon 138. Tracy Van Slyke – The Media Consortium 139. Paul Waldman - Author, American Prospect 140. Dave Weigel – Washington Post, MSNBC, The Washington Independent 141. Moira Whelan – National Security Network 142. Scott Winship - Pew Economic Mobility Project 143. J. Harry Wray – DePaul University 144. D. Brad Wright – University of NC at Chapel Hill 145. Kai Wright – The Root 146. Holly Yeager – Columbia Journalism Review 147. Rich Yeselson – Change to Win 148. Matthew Yglesias – Center for American Progress, The Atlantic Monthly 149. Jonathan Zasloff - UCLA 150. Julian Zelizer – Princeton University 151. Avi Zenilman – POLITICO"
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Saturday, April 23, 2011
This poll has recorded a substantial number of votes which makes the result all the more striking and
emphatic. However, as totally opposed to the current media meme that Palin is "finished, cast aside for Trump
the result mirrors, time and time again, the poll results from other major sites where GOP activists congregate.
For example, the last two Hot Air polls of over 7000 respondents showed Palin increasing her lead to 35% across a large field which entirely mirrors the results of this latest Iowa poll. The lesson is, once again, that irrespective of what the media wishes to promote, the activists in the GOP want a genuine conservative candidate-and that person is Palin. When she announces these results will only get bigger as the field collapses at that point.