Thursday, March 29, 2012

If Newt Was Out Of N.Carolina Santorum Would Lead Romney by 6. That's Why I'm Voting For Rick In N.Y.

 I am a strong Gingrich supporter and, failing a Palin run, would wish Newt to be the nominee. But if wishes were horses I'd be rich as the saying goes and one has to make the best of a situation one finds oneself in. 


If by some chance things change, and either Santorum stumbles or Newt finds a fair wind at his back I would, without hesitation cast my ballot for Newt for New York.


However, my main focus is seeing anyone but Romney as the nominee and if that is Santorum I have absolutely no problem with that. Santorum is a genuine social conservative, which is where my main emphasis lies.


Of course I don't agree with every position he, or Palin or Gingrich has but  in the main all three suit my way of thinking.


I find the PPP polling from North Carolina to be compelling and I would suggest to Republicans there who support Newt that they consider voting for Santorum as if enough do then Rick would won comfortably.


This is vital too in the upcoming Wisconsin primary, where Santorum has closed the gap to a reasonable distance, and if enough Gingrich supporters switch to Santorum to make the race close, or give Rick a win, the whole dynamic of the campaign may change completely.


In the meantime I will take my own advice and vote for Santorum.

No comments: