Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sigh....Sad But True; Sex Sells

 I wrote a post on the Greek economic crisis which I thought was well researched and had some insights. Not that I make any claim to be any better at economic analysis than anyone else of course but still, there was some relevance.


I titled it "Greek Economic Crisis As A Warning To America"


And the response? About 30 page views.


Feeling that the post deserved a wider audience than thirty kind souls, I bit the bullet and followed Stacy McCain's rule for "How to get a million hits on your blog" reluctantly, but with the still small voice telling me what the result would be. The still small voice, and McCain were, sad to say, unerringly accurate.


Here is the page view amount so far from exactly the same post but with a subtle, OK not so subtle, addition to the title.






In retrospect I don't think much, if anything has been gained as far as creating a discussion point-certainly there have been no comments to the post. 


Frankly, the 800 extra visitors who were looking for something else besides whether or not the Drachma should come back, will be less than bemused by what they found after searching for variations on "big breasts" that I have noticed on the incoming links.


On the other hand, if one or two visitors actually took the time to read the post during their interrupted journey to mammary delights, perhaps it was not such a bad thing after all-but I won't repeat the exercise as in retrospect it is unfair to the pleasure seekers.


On the other hand it will be interesting to see if the title of this post also gets the punters in!

No comments: